Coral Gables, FL | Direct Hire
Hospitality company in the Miami area has an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Manager.
The responsibilities are the following:
· Guides and supervises accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
· Participates in month-end closing activities including journal entries, P&L and balance sheet analysis:
· Prepares account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Performs timely reconciliations of P&L and balance sheet accounts.
· Performs variance analysis; provide explanations for fluctuations and discrepancies. * Documents financial transactions:
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options. * Participates in the development and implementation of internal control procedures:
· Maintains accounting controls by recommending and preparing policies and procedures. * Maintains property and equipment schedules, including accurate recording of acquisitions and disposals, and associated depreciation calculations.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state and local tax requirements, including but not limited to income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, etc.
· Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions:
· Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. * Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
· Collaborates with store managers and bookkeepers regarding accounting policies and procedures.
· Performs other job related tasks which may be required or assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Certified Public Accountant preferred.
· Knowledge of standard accounting policies and procedures (GAAP).
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the accounting field, preferably in a multi-company environment.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite, primarily in Excel skills including pivot tables and V- and H-lookups.
· Experience with ERP accounting software, preferably MAS/Sage.
· Fluent in both English and Spanish required.
· Strong supervisory, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.